Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Bars


I wanted to honor my friend's fall birthday with some baked goods.  Brownies didn't seem to say 'October' to me, nor did chocolate chip cookies.  So I went in search of a treat featuring one of my fall favorites: pumpkin.  Keeping in mind that it was too early for Thanksgiving's pumpkin pie, my quest led me to the Brown Eyed Baker.   I stumbled across her blog while searching for pumpkin desserts and was pleasantly surprised.  I liked the things she'd been baking.  And I found exactly what I was looking for: Pumpkin Pie Bars.  She described them as pumpkin pie 'without the crust' but I found them to be much firmer than the pie filling.  They did have a certain reminiscence of pumpkin pie; the pumpkin kept these bars very moist.  I dusted the top with sugar and delivered them to my friend with a birthday candle on top.  (Because at our age, we don't need anything more than a solitary candle).  The verdict: she loved them!

Make them again: Yes, but I would like to alter the consistency ever so slightly.  

Improvements: They were quite dense.  I need to figure out which ingredients to change to make them lighter and a bit fluffier.  

Follow this link for the recipe: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/10/14/pumpkin-pie-bars/


No comments:

Post a Comment