Friday, October 1, 2010

Fruit Salad with Lime & Brown Sugar Dipping Yogurt


This was simple.  I wanted us to snack on fruit throughout the afternoon on this lazy Saturday.  After tossing together all the fresh fruit we had in the house, I thought a dipping sauce would add that little 'something extra.'  I mixed nonfat Greek yogurt together with brown sugar and lime.  At first, I couldn't taste my additions.  However, after putting it in the fridge for at least an hour, the yogurt had a tangy, subtly sweet taste to it.  The flavors just needed time to marry :)

Make it again?  When spring and summer roll around again, I think I will make this.  It was a fun, yet healthy way to enjoy our fruit.

Improvements: For friends and family, especially kids, it would be fun to skewer the fruit.  Also, I am certain that the yogurt flavorings could be experimented with.  Trying out an orange instead of the lime, etc... 

No comments:

Post a Comment