Sunday, October 10, 2010

Green Beans, Sauteed


I am a huge supporter of vegetables done simply and deliciously.  When it comes down to it, that is all we need to enjoy them.  With green beans being SO plentiful in the fall, I will have many opportunities to cook them up in different ways until my husband and I find the way we like them best.  On this night, I blanched the green beans in boiling water for one minute.  While they blanched, I heated some olive oil in a skillet.  The GBs went straight from the pot to the skillet and I topped them immediately with tons of minced garlic, red pepper flakes and s&p.  They only took a minute or two to saute and soak up their seasoning.   


Make them again?  Yup.  They were goooooood.  
Improvements?  One of my favorite seasoning combos is garlic, red pepper, s&p.  I'd like to stick with that, but if I come along another awesome spice blend, I wouldn't hesitate to dress them in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment